Friday, May 12, 2006

the global church


When I think of the term "church", I usually think of my local church. Maybe I think of denominations or doctrinal distinctions. My point is that I don't usually think of the church as a WHOLE - all believers scattered around the globe.

I've been reading through Revelation. I'm trying NOT to come to scripture with any preconceptions; just let it say to me what it's saying in it's own way. It's a refreshing way to read a book I don't normally crack the pages of. Here's the passage that popped for me today. It speaks of the church (kingdom) from heaven's perspective, not mine.

""Worthy are you to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation,
and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,
and they shall reign on the earth." - from Rev 5 ESV

No comments: