Friday, November 16, 2007

good theology = peace of mind


Good theology gives us something we can't get from everyday life - peace of mind. Jesus said:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27

It's a peace in knowing that God is all-satisfying. He fulfills my greatest desires. He fulfills my greatest need, namely, reconciliation with the Father. My sin doesn't keep me at a distance from him. Think about it. There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

The 3 most comforting words my guilt-ridden soul can hear are:

"It is finished."

Those 3 words are full of meaning. But basically, God, in Christ Jesus has fulfilled all the righteous requirements for me, and absorbed the Father's wrath for me. Wow. Let that sink in - and be at peace.

No comments: